Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Will We See Any Cuts Before FA Opens?
Curious to hear from you on if you think we will see any cuts before next Weds (FA officially opens).

Fwiw, I'm always of the position that if you know for a fact a player is not in your future plans that you should always cut them prior to FA. It does right by the player in giving them an equal chance with other FA's to get signed and to set the market. If you dump a guy weeks after FA opens he's hitting a market that's now cheaper, and many teams will have already filled needs.

Plus, what benefit is there in waiting if you know the guy isn't going to be around?

I'll be interested to see if we have any cuts coming up. If players aren't cut before Weds. then I have to believe we're still considering keeping them and it may be dependent on the market and their potential replacements.

If you see names like Atkins, Hart, Bernard, Uzomah, Hopkins, Price, and XSF all still here come Weds. I would have to think they all still have a very good chance to stick. In fact, you're probably not going to see more than one or two of them get released later during FA, if any at all. Some may not be purged until camp.

What do you guys think? Are you suprised we haven't moved on from anyone yet? Do you want us to make cuts before next week? Anyone you'll be shocked by still being here this time next week?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Will We See Any Cuts Before FA Opens? - Wes Mantooth - 03-11-2021, 01:19 PM