Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You can't talk Super Bowl....."
(10-20-2015, 08:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't think you really understood his post.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with considering yourself an extension of the team.  Without fans, there would be no team, so without you, there would be no Bengals.  You're definitely part of the team.

BUT...saying that we need to "focus"?  What the hell is a fan focusing on more than one game going to do for the Bengals?  If you focus hard enough, will it pay off? Is talking "super bowl" somehow detrimental to the team?

Focusing on the next game is a player thing. Looking forward to all of the games and talking "what if" is a fan thing.

Unless your focusing includes sneaking ex-lax into the opposing team's breakfast or picking a fight with a star player in a bar, you're not focusing on helping the team win enough.

(10-20-2015, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Precisely.  Any time there's a thread of this nature someone deems it necessary to scold us not to look ahead, to take one game at a time and only focus on the next opponent, blah blah blah.  

We're fans.  It doesn't matter if we look ahead, or run down the schedule, or (gasp) think about  that game in Denver in December.

Well, you know what?  I'm already thinking about the Cleveland game.  Yep, thinking about where I'll park that night.  Where we're going to eat on the way down to PBS.  Over-thinking it, really.  Man, I am just so looking right past Pittsburgh.  ****, I've created a trap game for us Smirk    

(10-21-2015, 09:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bonnie, my point is not that someone is not a part of the team. We are all fans and a part of the team, but we can't control how the team looks at games week to week or the season. The team (players and coaches) is very focused week to week and that is great to see.

My point is as fans our enthusiasm or focus has no bearing on the outcome of any game or any season.

These three dudes are spot on. We have no bearing of games week to week and we should be able to talk about the Superbowl if we feel.

This team has the players to do it and they are 6-0. Hopefully we can just stay healthy and keep this run going straight through Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"You can't talk Super Bowl....." - Sled21 - 10-20-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - McC - 10-20-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - McC - 10-20-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - McC - 10-20-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-21-2015, 03:55 PM