Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
(05-22-2015, 04:55 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The biggest thing for me is that they allow Dalton to be a gun-slinger. He's proven that he is going to throw interceptions and turn the ball over. So why not get him to reach his ceiling since he always hits his floor?

Dead on. Andy should be able to audible out of plays, and take shots when he sees something he feels he can beat.

I think "If we just don't turn the ball over" has never been the mantra of a Super Bowl Champion.

Although he didn't win a Super Bowl, I always remember what I learned in watching Jim Harbaugh play QB for the Colts with Ted Marchibroda as his coach. Before each game, Ted would give him a couple reminders, but then always end with the same statement: "Let 'er rip"

I love that. Go out and attack. That, IMHO, is all that is missing from this offense with the talent they should have this season. Brady and Co. have the desire to score EVERY TIME they get the ball. There is no wasted possession. Give Andy that freedom and let 'er rip....lets see if that nets a better result than the old "don't take risks".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - SHRacerX - 05-23-2015, 10:50 PM