Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years?
(05-25-2015, 02:29 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It's true....and I think for the most part the respondents agree.  There isn't much reason to feel optimistic the Bengals will go deep into the playoffs this season. That was the basis of my thread and if you feel they will, then why don't you explain why instead of trying to be a comedian.

Same coach same QB and same players for the most part. Even if you include injuries many of these players were on the roster the prior year against SD and got annihilated at home.  So save the sarcasm for someone else.

What is true is that it is your opinion. Because someone sees it differently than you does not make them less objective.

We have MJ returning which will relegate Gilberry to the rotational role he should be in and was successful in. We have Atkins a year removed from injury. We have the return of Sims. While I am not a huge Sims fan he give us the best depth at the position that we have had since he left. We finally have a legit backup LB in Hawk rather than just some young guy trying to learn the NFL game. We have not seen that since Howard was here.

We have upcoming youngsters in Hill and Gio. We should see the return of a healthy Eifert, Jones, and Andre Smith. As well, as two coordinators that are not in their first season in the position with the team.

More than anything we have players that seem to understand that sooner or later something has to change. While many want to solely point to the QB and the HC it all stands that virtually every position group has had it's worst showings in the playoffs. If we are going to turn the corner than the players themselves need to go out and execute to the potential that they have the ability to execute to. I personally feel we are going to see this happen.

My opinion is no less objective as yours. Nothing comedic about that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you feel optimistic about this Bengals team relative to prior years? - OSUfan - 05-25-2015, 03:00 PM