Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(04-20-2021, 12:44 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: It's unlikely Sewell will play well in the first half of the season either. He won't have played for 18 months and will be stepping up in standard.

However I don't think it is outrageous to expect the O-line to be better just from not having Redmond (played 42% of the Bengals' offensive snaps last year), Jordan (played 68%), Fred Johnson (played 46%) lining up so much. Injuries do happen but none of those should be first man off the bench at either T or G once the draft is factored in. This is also before any improvement for Reiff in for Hart (or Pollock replacing Turner). I wouldn't be expecting an All-Pro line but with even an only slightly below average line this could be a dangerous offense with Burrow, Mixon, Chase(?), Higgins and Boyd. Before Burrow went down after 9 games this O had scored 30+ points 3 times (and 27 on another) against teams who ended up going to the play-offs. The consistency wasn't there but there were flashes of what this O could become.

Nice post, all true. Your OL is gonna be bad when players like that are consuming that many snaps. Geez.

We get Chase and add a couple solid OL and this Offense could be pretty damn decent with Burrow and company.

Maybe top 5. Have to be able to block though and Sewell helps if he is the pick but I don't expect him to just be All Pro right 
off the bat. Like you said, he wouldn't of played in 18 months and will be a rookie. Chase and some Lineman that played last
season might be the best bet. Actually I bet they would be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-20-2021, 02:53 PM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM