Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(08-03-2022, 02:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I absolutely don't understand why people love the police so much. I don't.

I never needed them during all my life. They just annoy people at will.

That's one of the major differences between Europe and US.

We don't love our police that much and clearly don't idolize them.

Eh, there is a subset of citizens who love them and "back the blue".  Those are the ones who are most surprised about how they are treated when they have to deal with the police usually.

A lot of other people fear them.  Not in the "oh, I'm going to get shot" way but in the way of feeling like you might be doing something wrong if you see an officer near by.  Like checking your speed even if you know you aren't speeding.

Then you have the groups who feel they are at risk in any dealing with the police.  That's why we have the protests, marches and federal investigations into particular areas.

Like any occupation you have the good and the bad.  Obviously the bad get the focus because when you entrust a group of people with protecting you and give them the power to take away your property, freedom and life you want the best of the best and you want them to be unbiased and fair with all people.  When that doesn't happen you hope the courts can correct it.

This particular incident, which was updated just yesterday, shows that even when it would seem "obvious" to the casual observer that the police over-stepped their bounds that "legally" they did "nothing wrong".  Which leads to more marches, protests, questions, etc.  Which leads to more police feeling they are being "attacked" for "doing their jobs".  Vicious cycle.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - GMDino - 08-03-2022, 03:01 PM