Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-18-2021, 01:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nothing silly about it.

On one hand you have a list of Bengals legends and the reporter who is closest to the franchise.

On the other you have Tony Pike.

You have to admit that the list is a bit disproportionate in favor of Sewell. The only people I've seen listed for Chase is Pike and Mora.

James Rapien is better at covering this team than Geoff Hobson, imo. And he did very well arguing for Chase in the first civil war video. I highly respect Matt Minich (especially when it comes to X’s & O’s and breaking down tape). Joe Goodberry is also a name most Bengals fans are familiar with.

But I’ll give you that the guys arguing for Sewell are the bigger names. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve actually spent any time researching these prospects though. That’s where I think there’s value in the opinions of the PFF guys, the film junkies, etc. For example, on this board the two main guys I look to on draft prospects, tape, etc are Au165 and Synric. And I know from even back when I first started getting hyped about Sewell, Au165 was never as big on him as most. Pretty sure Synric wants Pitts, so it was interesting to me that neither of them were banging the drum for Sewell.

I do think a lot of this comes down to OL vs Chase. Whereas the one side just wants OL with our first pick (whether it’s Sewell or Slater), compared to those of us that just want Chase because we feel he’s the BPA (him or Pitts). I would not want Smith or Waddle at 5 for example just because I really want a WR. So for me it’s more the player than the position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - Nicomo Cosca - 04-18-2021, 01:41 AM