Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Bengals Formation Of Both Tackles With Wide Receivers ???
Lets admit, it is different....

My take on it is, it is with 3 players lined up wide right, and 3 players lined up wide left, leaving not as many blockers over center, my guess is that it is to set up a quick screen to either side and if it's not covered, it can go the distance with that blocking.....I know it spreads the field.....I do worry about a 1985 Bears blitz up the gut with less blockers, but maybe that is what Hue is trying to bait defenses into....

I'm still not sure this formation works, but it is very different. I saw the Houston Oilers try this separated O Line stuff in the very early 1970's, but I never saw it work.  If Bengals make it work, it will be the first time I've ever seen it work. ...Bengals are 6-0, but I'm not sure how much the split O Line formations have contributed to the 6-0 start....I'm hoping for the best on this strange formation, but still not sure what the heck it is suppose to do against the defense. I'm only guessing at what it is I'm seeing, and maybe only Hue and the Bengals know what the heck it is. ...So far, the best part of this thing to me is that they don't use it all the time, lining up in many other formations. The Bengals do line up in many formations and I have seen 2 tight ends on plays, I have seen 4 man backfields like old 1960s college ball....and this split O line thing.....One thing about the 6-0 Bengals, you never know what is coming next as far as offensive formations. It is a very Multiple Attack Offense.  Hue said he would use everything and the kitchen sink, and he sure as heck is. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What Is The Bengals Formation Of Both Tackles With Wide Receivers ??? - kevin - 10-22-2015, 11:59 AM