Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New Uniform Reveal Today: I was there....
(04-20-2021, 04:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, that has nothing to do with Elizabeth Blackburn. That’s on Mike, Tobin, and her parents. She’s not in charge of free agency, or our scouting department. But what SHE is in charge of, she’s really good at.

The problem is that she's essentially been used as the face of the franchise these last 4 months.  Mike isn't doing interviews, Katie isn't doing interviews, and Troy isn't doing interviews.

So they're essentially tossing her to the wolves.  Sending how her out there with the ammo equivalent of free hot dogs and new uniforms isn't going to go over well with some fans after making no changes at: GM, Director of Personnel, Scouting department, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator.

I will say that I agree with you that she shouldn't be judged on things outside of her control.  I'm not writing this to pile on or anything like that.  But...BUT, for me personally her making the rounds is having the opposite of the desired effect they're seeking.  It all just sounds like marketing bullshit meant to sell product (tickets, apparel).  I definitely don't care about social media and emoji posts, I don't care about free hot dogs, and new uniforms were way down my list in things that needed to change.

She may very well be good at her job but I do think the organization could do a better job of reading the room.  When you've had the 30 year stretch they have had, then the last 5 years, and then the last 2 years, having a mid 20's bubbly female go out there and talk about change and wanting to win more than anything is going to ring hollow if there aren't structual changes to the organization.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Uniform Reveal Today: I was there.... - Wes Mantooth - 04-20-2021, 04:36 PM