Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious To See How Team Responds to 1st Loss
Disclaimer - I hope we win every game this season including the Superbowl!

BUT

Historically, we aren't so hot the game after the bye. As much as I want and believe we will beat the Steelers next Sunday, if we happen to lose.... I'd start to sweat a little bit. Which sounds odd after losing only 1 game after playing 7 games.

This is why - If we lose against Pittsburgh, we have a short week against Cleveland at home on Thursday Night Football. Prime time.... following our first loss of the season. What a story line right? I wonder how the Bengals would rebound? If they fold on Thursday Night Football (as they always seem to do in primetime), and we lose 2 games in a row to division rivals... the Steelers will be right behind us in the division race.

I truly believe we are a great team. As a great team, we should be able to rebound against such a loss if it were to happen, and quite frankly we should be able to win both of these games. But if they fold, how do you think the season will play out? How would you feel about our Bengals heading into the playoffs if they still cannot get it done in prime time? Of course, we have the whole season left after these two games.. but I might be concerned if this happens moving forward.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Curious To See How Team Responds to 1st Loss - Clep - 10-22-2015, 01:13 PM