Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Figured Out a Workaround for HBO Max (Hulu Subscribers)
I really wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not sure how many people on here are interested but I thought I'd share it.

If you have a Hulu Account you can add HBO Max as an add-on. It's $14.99 a month (same price as everywhere else). Here's where the workaround comes in...

You can add it at any time during your billing cycle. You get immediately charged a prorated amount that is calculated by how many days you have until your next billing cycle. So for example, if you add it right smack dab in the middle of you billing cycle you'd pay $7.50 for 2 weeks of service. Then you get charged the full amount the next month, at the same time your Hulu comes out.

Here's the thing though, you cancel it at any time. I just added it 5 days before my next billing cycle and was charged $2 for the rest of the month. In this time I watched the Gozilla vs. King Kong movie, and a new series called the Outsider. Then I just cancelled it before the next bill was due.

This may be handy for people that don't want to cough up another 15 bucks every month to only watch a few shows or movies. Like, say you wanted to watch the new Mortal Combat movie and you wanted to watch the next season of Succession, and that's really it. Just add it for a like a week, watch what you want to and ditch it. Add it back whenever you'd like.

Fwiw, I've done this like 4 different times this year. I don't use HBO enough to justify adding it full time. Adding it in these little chunks lets me binge watch what I need to without ever payign for a full month. I thought some of you might find this approach useful.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Figured Out a Workaround for HBO Max (Hulu Subscribers) - Wes Mantooth - 04-21-2021, 07:49 PM