Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
(04-28-2021, 02:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: 1. Brady has a 2 year $50 mil deal.  He restructured his deal to give Tampa extra cap room this year, but he's still getting that money.  Reread what you wrote.  You said paid, not cap hit.  Teams do creative accounting to create cap room all the time. That doesn't mean the players aren't getting paid.  

The Cowboys weren't listed as a team paying 2 WR's $10+ mil.  They are one of only 2 teams paying 2 T's $10+ mil.  They would also be the only example of a team paying 2 T's $10+ mil and paying high end QB money.

2. If Jonah, hasn't earned a big contract yet, what makes you think Tee, Burrow, Sewell, and/or Chase all will?

3. You didn't say 2 OL.  You said teams commonly pay two tackles.  Which they don't.  You know how many teams I can add if I average out salaries like you did?  Paying one guy $15 mil and another guy $5 mil is not anyone's definition of paying 2 T's.You know how many teams I can add if expand WR to pass catcher like you expanded T to OL?

Even with all this strawmanning aside, the fact remains that you're wrong.  There are not more teams out there paying for 2 top T's than 2 top WR's, whether they're paying top QB money or not.  There's no factual evidence behind your point, whatsoever.  

1. Good grief brother, it doesn't matter. Unless you think Joe Burrow will restructure contracts and/or take less money to maintain 2 big WR contracts, Brady is a terrible example. Give it up. You have 0 (zero) examples.

2. None of those guys have the injury concerns of a Jonah Williams. This isn't complicated, you just like to argue.

3. This isn't a court of law my dude. I'm allowed to correct minor flaws in my statement as I go along. I was wrong about the tackles. I own that. But there ARE plenty of teams that pay massive amounts of money to multiple linemen, and what I said about the Bengals rings true. They don't pay interior guys and they do value Tackles. Heck, they paid a massive amount of money to Levi and Willie. They gave bid deals to Whit and Andre.

So we don't even need to look at the rest of the league.

With that, I'm done responding to you until after the draft. Have fun trying to find a new angle of attack, I guess. Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2021, 03:51 PM