Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winners Loser Day 1 - Greg Rosenthal NFL Network
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-day-1-winners-losers-49ers-up-justin-fields-down

I'll just leave this here.
Winners:
Quote:The LSU Bengals: Tackle Penei Sewell was still on the board when the Bengals picked fifth overall, but that doesn't diminish my love of their ultimate selection of LSU receiver Ja'Marr Chase. It's not all about the connection between QB Joe Burrow (last year's No. 1 overall pick) and Chase, his former college teammate, although that doesn't hurt. It's about how special a prospect Chase is.

I'd argue there hasn't been as complete and revered a wideout prospect since Julio Jones in 2011. Sewell is a nice player, too, but he is not at that level, regardless of positional value. And it's not like the Bengals have ignored tackle! They drafted Jonah Williams No. 11 overall in 2019 and signed Riley Reiff, a solid enough NFL starter, this offseason. They will surely add to the offensive line later in a deep draft at the position.

This should be the most exciting Bengals offense since Chad Ochocinco, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry were catching passes from Carson Palmer. Last year's second-round pick, Tee Higgins, is an incredible deep threat and already plays like a star. Tyler Boyd is one of the best slot receivers in the league. I can't think of a more promising young receiver trio.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Winners Loser Day 1 - Greg Rosenthal NFL Network - Stewy - 04-30-2021, 11:41 AM