Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS ADD TE and DB AFTER DRAFT
I like Pro Wells. For a guy like who has soft hands and strong athleticism, I'm surprised he didn't get drafted- and not just because of his name Wink. And from the film that I checked out, he doesn't seem completely clueless when it comes to blocking, either. Great signing imo.

I don't know much about Phillips but from what I can tell he has good eyes and plays with (too much of?) an edge. We also needed to fortify our DBs and I was a bit surprised we didn't grab one in R5/6/7. At the same time, if we would have taken Phillips anyway then it's just as well. He looks like he has problems staying healthy, tho, and that's a definite red flag for fans like me who are worn out from all of our secondary's missed games over the years. Still, worst-case is that he'll be a serviceable special teamer and I'm glad we have him...

Not so much Pooka. He's a Gio Bernard-type who plays small, can't block, and is not a model citizen. In other words, he's not Gio Bernard or anything close lol. There were quite a few playmaking RBs in this class and if you'd told me that we'd end up with (rusty) Chris Evans and Pooka Williams I wouldn't have been too happy haha. But that's my problem. The good thing is he can help in the return game and has a diverse skillset, so it remains to be seen how valuable he can be.

I do think we need to be aggressive on the wideouts and I don't believe Chase makes any difference on that front. We're not looking for first-options, we need to add depth, and this is a class that featured plenty of guys to do that. Marlon Williams, Trevon Grimes, Antonio Nunn, Cade Johnson, Blake Proehl all went undrafted and have since been signed by others. I'm still praying for a stud like Damonte Coxie out of Memphis, who led the NCAA in 15+ yd receptions between 2018 and 2019 (69). He remains unsigned and I think he's in talks with the Bears and Colts. Coxie's 6'3", has fantastic hands, is fearless across the middle... just a playmaker who sees the field really well. A quality talent from the same program that produced Antonio Gibson (for the record, Gibson played behind Coxie).

Either way, I'm hoping for one or two guys like that to supplement our depth and build our WR corps for the future. It doesn't hurt to go into camp with some options and hungry new faces imo.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
BENGALS ADD TE and DB AFTER DRAFT - kevin - 05-02-2021, 05:01 AM
RE: BENGALS ADD TE and DB AFTER DRAFT - tms - 05-02-2021, 08:50 PM