Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts
(05-06-2021, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And as Lapham has recently been saying:  It is all about "No Donkeys".  You can't have one turd on the line or the whole line suffers.  That seems to be the biggest improvement.  Yes, Carman should be a massive upgrade over the turd storm we rolled out there for much of the season at RG, but the floor of the entire line is massively improved when Jordan is on the bench and you have both XSF and Spain competing for the LG spot.  Jonah in year 3 (year two of actually playing) and a seasoned vet in Reiff.  

I am not as worried about center as much.  With Hopkins, he was pretty solid with turds next to him, and Price loves the style of Pollack.  If he has to start a few games, I am not worried at all and I think it would go a long way to helping Price mentally.  He would still likely be the first guard off the bench as well.   From what I understand, it looks like Hopkins will be ready week 1. 

They go from two really questionable players at guard (Jordan and Redmond/Johnson) to XSF/Spain competition at LG and Carman at RG.  Add Reiff, a solid veteran that seems to love Burrow to replace the enigmatic Hart, and you have a line with a much higher floor than a year ago.  

a unit is only as strong as its weakest link 
(this isnt just a football thing)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts - XenoMorph - 05-06-2021, 09:58 AM