Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-22-2021, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  No it is not proving your point.  If they gave Marvin slack because they would not give him any help in free agency then Taylor is not getting that slack.

2.  The team may be reluctant to move on from coaches, but you still can't play the "every other team in the league would have done it" card.

3.  And, finally I see that you still refused to even mention that LeBeau was only given 2 off seasons to turn around ne of the worst teams in the league.

1. You also said "lack of help in the personnel department". Taylor still deals with that.

2. Maybe not, if you want to hang me on that statement, but my point still stands. The overwhelming majority of teams would've dumped Marvin at least once or twice during that run. Not to mention the other dudes.

3. Lebeau is the outlier. We've had 4 HC's before Taylor during the Mike era. 3 out of 4 were retained too long...objectively. The consensus back then was that the new stadium had a little to do with the uncharacteristically swift firing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions - Shake n Blake - 05-22-2021, 07:20 PM