Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-23-2021, 11:16 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How do the Bengals owe their fans, and specifically the local ones, nothing?

The county had paid out somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 million dollars for Paul Brown Stadium.  I'm not sure if those who live out of town can fully appreciate this.  It's not just some arbitrary number, it has a real cost.  A cost we've beared for 25 years.

I've actually tried before to roughly estimate just how much it's cost me personally, and it gets paid out in so many ways it's hard to do.  But I do know it's well into thousands.

Here's just a few real world examples of it, that someone who lives here experiences.

---20k car purchase  >>> $100 added in taxes goes to the Bengals.

---Spent 10k at Home Depot while remodeling >>> $50 in tax goes to the Bengals

---$150 at Target >>>  .75 cents into the Bengals tray.

---New $1,000 TV at Best Buy >>> $5 added in taxes goes to the Bengals.

---New Playstation or Xbox >>>> $2.50 added in taxes goes to the Bengas.

---12 pack of beer >>>  Throw .06 cents into the Bengals jar.

---Someone who has regularly smoked or dipped, had paid the Bengals over $300 just in taxes over these 25 years.

Now these might not sound like a lot on their own, but they had up.  We get taxed on everything.  So if you do this over and over, and over again you'll start to see how this gets so expensive. 

Most adults have probably bought 3 or 4 cars in these 25 years.  They've probably shopped for clothing at Target or Macy or Footlocker dozens and dozens of times.  They've probably had a handful of TV, and a couple of video game systems.  That .06 on beer looks a lot different when you account for hundreds of purchases.

So we're not really talking about a normal product.  It's not as simple as saying if you don't like this new flavor of Pringles then don't eat it.  This is subsidized by the tax payers of Hamilton County.

Nothing bothers me more on here than when people make this argument (they owe you nothing), especally when they're from out of town.  They do owe us.  They owe us a lot.

Not to mention, taxes aside, when you pay for a product (tickets purchased, advertising made off of your interest) you're entitled to complain about a substandard return.  If the Bengals were a normal product, like let's say an faulty or shitty HP laptop, the consumer would get a refund, replacment, or they'd return it.  If it were a messed up food order they'd either comp you, give you a new order, or give you a discount.  Unfortunately, that's not the case with a product like this.

Please stop saying the Bengals owe their fans nothing.  It's total bullshit.

/rantover
Tax payers voted yes on the stadium, end of story. You have no financial investment in the Bengals, they don't owe you nothing. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions - sandwedge - 05-24-2021, 03:09 AM