Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals 2015 Roster and PFF rankings
(05-23-2021, 11:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A little off topic, but am I the only one who thinks PFF has kinda jumped the shark at this point?

The reason I ask is it seems it's gone from a new and useful tool to somewhat of an overrated, if not downright BS service as of late.  I find myself stumbling across more and more things from PFF where I'm left thinking "Well that was clearly bullshit."

Case in point, someone for PFF recently wrote an article that they've come to the conclusion that Tyreek Hill may be the best deep threat of all time.  And of course, they used their analystics to support this.  Well guess what?  They got absolute flamed (rightfully so) for forgetting about Randy Moss.  My favorite comment I saw was just a video link that said something like "Randy Moss has a highlight reel of 40+ yard touchdowns that's 10 minutes long."

Here's the story where I found it:  https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3364818/an-analyst-calls-tyreek-hill-the-best-deep-threat-ever-and-im-just-here-to-see-him-get-ratioed-by-the-randy-moss-people

I think I'm out on PFF.  Sometimes they make it real hard to take them seriously.

This contains a lot of inaccuracies.  They didn't write an article about it.  They tweeted a quote from one of their employees that said Hill MIGHT be the greatest deep threat of all time, which Barstool then twisted into "PFF declares Hill is the the greatest deep threat of all time."

PFF is a tool, but it's not the gospel.  I personally feel that a lot of their attributed inaccuracies around here fall into fan bias and/or mistakes being overmagnified because the poster doesn't watch any other player at a given position as much as the Bengals player, making it seem like they screw up more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 2015 Roster and PFF rankings - Whatever - 05-23-2021, 12:32 PM