Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How related is too related?
(06-01-2021, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As you may or may not know I made the military a career and my family and I moved all around and never near home (central KY). Upon retiring from the Military I settled back "home".

A couple months back my son was on a blind date. As they were talking over dinner my mom's name came up. My son called me and asked did I know a "insert name". I said "Yes that was my mom's brother. Turns out his grandmother and her grandfather were brother and sister. Despite KY stereotype that ended any escalation of the date.

So I quess that makes them "2nd cousins". So  I ask: What do you consider "too related"?

I had the exact same thing happen to me with a girl I was interested in about 20 years ago.  We drove past a house that had a for sale sign in the yard.  She made a comment about it being her grandmother's.  Interestingly enough, I'd been in that house before because it was my great aunt's house.  We weren't close with that part of the family and I had been there maybe twice, the last time when I was 7 or so.  So her grandmother and my grandpa were brother and sister.  Fortunately, nothing had really progressed at that point between us and we were able to put a stop to things before something even weirder happened.  It would have been more than a little screwed up if things were more serious when that particular fact came to light.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How related is too related? - bfine32 - 06-01-2021, 01:24 PM
RE: How related is too related? - jason - 06-01-2021, 02:06 PM
RE: How related is too related? - Sled21 - 06-01-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: How related is too related? - Sled21 - 06-02-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: How related is too related? - bfine32 - 06-02-2021, 06:56 PM
RE: How related is too related? - samhain - 06-10-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: How related is too related? - Beaker - 06-15-2021, 10:23 AM