Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 2 will lead the Bengals in sacks this year?
(06-14-2021, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably my favorite coach of all-time.

Yes they had elite corners. We have elite safeties. Zimmer made Dhani look good. The guy was pondering retirement due to lack of interest from teams. When Tank Johnson and 11 games of Peko are your best linemen, you had a bad line.

We could split hairs about this, but I'll just say I disagree that we had a "lot" more talent. There is no excuse for 400 rush yards. Only 4 teams have ever allowed that much. How many decades is that accounting for? How many bad teams and terrible defenses riddled with injuries didn't give up 400?

I just can't excuse it, SHRacer. We gave up a bunch of big rushing numbers in 2019 as well. It's Lou.

I didn't say that Tank and Peko were the best linemen, but that they were a solid defensive line (and those guys played in the middle, where there was a huge gap of talent a few weeks in to the season last year.  And Peko was a very underrated run stuffer.  

I know it was a really poor showing by the defense in week 17 last year, and for much of the past two seasons.  I am willing to give Lou this year to prove himself.  Like I said in another thread, the T-shirt slogan this year should be "No Excuses".  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What 2 will lead the Bengals in sacks this year? - SHRacerX - 06-15-2021, 07:59 AM