Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s Life Like In The KY State Reformatory?
(06-17-2021, 06:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe you could find a few inmates in KY State Reformatory to write to and ask them what it is like.  I think many inmates probably like getting mail. If you go that route I would not suggest starting off with something like, "Hey are you getting beat up daily and afraid to shower?" though.  You might get a real idea about what it is like from an actual inmate there if you really want to know.   Just be careful how close you get to them.  They might start asking you for commissary funds or to have you visit and sneak something in for them, haha.     Big Grin

Oh and lastly if you do so, I'd probably suggest getting a PO Box and using an alias in your letters.  You never know and might want to avoid having some of their outside friends showing up at your house.

But seriously, if you are really interested there may be some people incarcerated there that are seriously looking to change their lives and might be interested in your story and maybe share theirs with you.  You could always contact the KY State Reformatory warden and see if there are opportunities to learn more if you are honest about it (not just are people getting beat up and violated) and maybe also the opportunity to share the impact of what happened to you with inmates there.  It might even land you a new speaking gig and you might learn more about how things are there. 

I'm just thinking out loud here.  

I appreciate the advice and all of that would sound good but I'm not that interested in everything.  I'm just more wondering what life is like for a current inmate that I know is in there.

He has a temper and mouths off to everyone, so I was just wondering if it's causing him problems in there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s Life Like In The KY State Reformatory? - BFritz21 - 06-17-2021, 10:29 PM