Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s Life Like In The KY State Reformatory?
(06-21-2021, 11:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: THANK YOU!

That's the kind of information I was looking for.

This definitely wasn't about me.  I have no reason to be worried about going to prison, but I know someone that's in one.  An arrogant hothead that mouths off to everyone.  He doesn't know when to shut-up and doesn't do well being confined or forced to follow rules.  I had heard he was having troubles in the prison around here and was doing everything he could to make them think he was crazy in order to stay out of general population but they just laughed at him.

It sounds like that prison could be an entirely different animal and he's probably not doing too well.
Sounds like a guy who likes getting his ass beat daily and twice on Sundays..He's in the right place for it.  IDK..Some guys seem to do ok if they're around the same types. Jail and prisons aren't really a one size fits all kind of place. It's not as if there's a shortage of loud mouth assholes locked up. It's kind of a place they seem to gravitate towards. Nobody goes to prison just to meditate in peace and quiet although some do find ways to do it. 
Some come out doing better and most come out in worse shape. I guess it depends on what the inmate thinks about while they're there. I've had some really insightful conversations locked up. They definitely get time to think things through. I definitely changed from the first time I was locked up. All my stays were over drinking and drugs...nothing long term..knock on vinyl..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s Life Like In The KY State Reformatory? - grampahol - 06-21-2021, 08:25 PM