Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beef burnt ends
You could do it if you had enough fat to render in the roast. Good burnt ends shouldn't be dry at all, which is why they're made from the point (the fatty part of the brisket) and not the flat (the lean part). People make them from the flat sometimes or other cuts of beef, but they get very dry and aren't particularly pleasant to eat. I've also had an unfortunate number of burnt ends where people took the name literally. Other times they were just pieces of meat drowning in sauce. Finding really good burnt ends is shockingly hard. To me, that's because people are trying to shortcut it and use cheaper meat or find a way to use meat they screwed up while cooking.

I have smoked roasts a couple of times. Very similar flavor-wise to a brisket, but they're always more dry than I'd prefer, because most roasts I've gotten just don't have the same levels of marbled fat as some other cuts.

If you do this, I'd be very curious to hear how it turns out, what cut of roast you used, fat content, etc. Always looking for new ideas and love hearing about experiments!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Beef burnt ends - BengalHawk62 - 06-16-2021, 09:16 PM
RE: Beef burnt ends - SunsetBengal - 06-16-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: Beef burnt ends - XenoMorph - 06-17-2021, 08:44 AM
RE: Beef burnt ends - MileHighGrowler - 06-17-2021, 10:39 AM
RE: Beef burnt ends - Jason_NC - 06-17-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: Beef burnt ends - Sled21 - 06-18-2021, 01:27 PM