Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is it possible to have 2 GOATs?
(08-21-2021, 06:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What you just said, along with that list, is agreeing with what I said. I said early 2000s football was still very physical and protections didn’t start coming until later in the 2000s, specifically after Palmer and Brady tore their ACLs.

Only three of those rule changes occurred before the early 2000s and many of those changes occurred after….Palmer and Brady tore their ACLs.

Are you trying to win an argument? Or get to the truth here? Because the truth is this:

The original statement was that defenses in Montana's era were more physical. You then tried to focus on early 2000s defenses, as if Brady hasn't played most of his career after his knee injury.

Even playing by your made up rule, saying 2000-2008 defenses were just as physical as 1980s defenses simply isn't true when you actually acknowledge the facts I presented you.

The 3 rules you reference were huge rule changes bud. Especially the change to intentional grounding. That one alone is massive. The other 2 were big changes as well. In total, there were 5 big changes to protect QBs BEFORE Brady's knee injury.

Have some grace and bow out. Or at least have the decency to admit I have a big point here. Sheesh.

Early 2000s looks like actual football compared to NOW, of course...but they were already placing rules to start protecting QBs at that point, and it wasn't as brutal as the 70s or 80s.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is it possible to have 2 GOATs? - Shake n Blake - 08-21-2021, 06:25 PM