Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is it possible to have 2 GOATs?
(08-21-2021, 06:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are you trying to win an argument? Or get to the truth here? Because the truth is this:

The original statement was that defenses in Montana's era were more physical. You then tried to focus on early 2000s defenses, as if Brady hasn't played most of his career after his knee injury.

Even playing by your made up rule, saying 2000-2008 defenses were just as physical as 1980s defenses simply isn't true when you actually acknowledge the facts I presented you.

The 3 rules you reference were huge rule changes bud. Especially the change to intentional grounding. That one alone is massive. The other 2 were big changes as well. In total, there were 5 big changes to protect QBs BEFORE Brady's knee injury.

Have some grace and bow out. Or at least have the decency to admit I have a big point here. Sheesh.

Early 2000s looks like actual football compared to NOW, of course...but they were already placing rules to start protecting QBs at that point, and it wasn't as brutal as the 70s or 80s.

I don’t want to speak for him, but I see what you’re trying to do. You assert the assumption that the defenses back then were tougher to play against and force the other person to prove you wrong. But you are avoiding the real question and that is who has the results to back up being called the GOAT.

I don’t remember Montana bringing his team back from 21 to win a super bowl against a better team. I don’t remember Montana playing through a ligament tear in his knee to not only finish out the regular season but win a super bowl. I don’t remember Montana winning 7 Super Bowls.

Even if defenses weren’t as good in the 2000s vs 80s, all other qbs have the same advantages now as then and name a qb with more than a couple rings besides Brady in this era. Rodgers is continually thought of as a better an because of his play and stats. But winning is what matters. Montana won a lot of rings, but not close to 7. I don’t see how there can be any debate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is it possible to have 2 GOATs? - Bengalstripes9 - 08-21-2021, 06:35 PM