Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is it possible to have 2 GOATs?
(08-21-2021, 06:35 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don’t want to speak for him, but I see what you’re trying to do. You assert the assumption that the defenses back then were tougher to play against and force the other person to prove you wrong. But you are avoiding the real question and that is who has the results to back up being called the GOAT.

I don’t remember Montana bringing his team back from 21 to win a super bowl against a better team. I don’t remember Montana playing through a ligament tear in his knee to not only finish out the regular season but win a super bowl. I don’t remember Montana winning 7 Super Bowls.

Even if defenses weren’t as good in the 2000s vs 80s, all other qbs have the same advantages now as then and name a qb with more than a couple rings besides Brady in this era. Rodgers is continually thought of as a better an because of his play and stats. But winning is what matters. Montana won a lot of rings, but not close to 7. I don’t see how there can be any debate

That's a whole other discussion, but I'd say Brady's resume makes him the best ever. That said, Montana didn't get a chance to play in this era...which is obviously much softer and easier for QBs.

(08-21-2021, 06:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You’re getting your panties in a bunch for me popping in and calling out your hyperbole when you said there is “no comparison” to 80s defenses and 2000s defenses.

One, there is no made up rule. We’re talking about 2000s defenses. In case that is too hard for your mind to handle, we’re talking about the decade that is referred to as the 2000’s. That would be 2000-2009. If you don’t like the definition of a decade, I don’t know who you talk to about that.

With you saying that there was “no comparison”, I came in and said I disagreed and said that football in the early 2000s was incredibly physical. Nowhere did I say that it was MORE physical, nor did I say that it was AS physical. I said that I disagreed that there was NO COMPARISON.

I basically said that there wasn’t that big of a difference until many of those rule changes started going in later in the 2000s. Is this that controversial of a statement for you? Because this went from a football discussion to you being a sensitive ***** prick in the span of two posts.

If you want to talk about “having grace” or “having decency” I would highly suggest you have the mental aptitude to read and fully comprehend a post first.

Oh, I'm crystal on what you wrote. The link I provided just backs my assertion that there's "no comparison" and also disproves your notion that the only real rule changes favoring QB safety happened after Brady's knee injury.

Tis a shame you can't at least acknowledge that.

Btw...I didn't call you any names. That's against the coc. I'll let it slide this time, but just a little FYI.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is it possible to have 2 GOATs? - Shake n Blake - 08-21-2021, 06:48 PM