Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate Texting (Read for Explantion)
I wasn't sure what to title this. To be clear, I have no problem with sending a text or two. In fact, it's great for quick and short communication. What I actually hate is people that want to have full conversations through text, where you're getting one after another, after another.

Here's a couple of examples where it's perfectly fine:

---"I'm pulling up to your house now."

---"What kind of beer do you want me to pick up?"

---"What's the name again of the band/movie/restaurant you recommended to me the other day?"

And here's a silly example of what I can't stand (all from one person, one after another, you constantly having to pick up and your phone and respond)....

---"You're going to the party?" ... "Is so and so going to the party?"... " What time do you think you'll get there?" ... "Do you have weed?"... "You should bring some weed." ... "Did you hear about Dave?" .... "Dave got so stoned he couldn't drive" .... How many people you think are going show up?" .... "I'll probably get there around 9." .... "I hope Julie is there".... "Have you met her friend?" ... "I gotta work tomorrow so I'll probably leave early..." .....and on and on and on...

What could've taken place in about a 5 minute call has now turned into me having to keep responding to this nonsense for like a half hour. It drives me nuts.

The more I complain on here about different stuff the more I realize that I sound like a grumpy old fart. But am I alone on this one? Do you guys have friends that drive you crazy with sending text after text after text?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Hate Texting (Read for Explantion) - Wes Mantooth - 06-29-2021, 01:08 PM