Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remember when folks wanted Ryan Mallet drafted?
So much of taking a high round QB is based on how they were developed at the college level. Not many are (developed) nowadays. If it was a crap shoot before the rookie wage scale, it's like finding a needle in a haystack now. They just don't focus on developing QB's for the NFL anymore.

I don't really follow college ball but I knew as soon as I seen tape on Andy that he'd be a good NFL QB. he was the only guy I wanted and the only time I've ever hoped we'd draft a certain player up to that point. I've since hoped for certain players, but never prior to drafting Andy.

Not many QB's have worked out for their teams since Andy's draft class or even the few years before, which isn't really all that unusual, but many were taken in the higher rounds recently that, at least to me, obviously weren't gonna work out and I'm not even considered a casual fan of college ball.

The league did themselves a huge favor by implementing the wage scale. Otherwise many teams would be held hostage by poor QB's.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember when folks wanted Ryan Mallet drafted? - Devils Advocate - 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM