Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt
(08-05-2021, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You were the first one to note this, so I will add that it was also only Jonah Williams of the so-called "projected starters" on the line that got dominated yesterday.  Mike Jordan was at LG, Price was at C, Carman at RG, and (as you mentioned) Smith was at RT.  

Sorry for all the chicken little's taking "should have taken Sewell" victory laps, but if our defense couldn't take advantage of that line, I would be pissed.  

No question that OL should of struggled against our DL. Same, I would of been pissed if they held their own against our 
starting Ends and DT's besides Ogunjobi who should be back soon. Jonah and Carman had it tough with those guys next 
to them, especially Carman. Price on one side and a mid round rookie on the other going against Reader and Hubbard?

No chance.

(08-05-2021, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is great.  Yesterday I literally had to google to see who our CBs were week 1.  I knew we lost Waynes before we even really got him, and had WJIII on one side.  The other side was Darius Phillips.  The backups were the pathetic Leshawn Sims and Tony Brown.  I actually liked Mackenzie Alexander, our slot CB.

Overall, this has to be the most improved position group, where one of the backups is a former first rounder in Eli Apple, and a Darius Phillips looking to get a contract next year.  

Waynes was looking really good in camp before this (hopefully) minor injury.  

I loved WJIII when he was drafted, but he ended up being a lot like Dre Kirkpatrick:  very inconsistent.  

I would say the entire Secondary is the most improved position group, the Safeties as well as Bates is coming into his own
and Bell has a year in the system and we added a very underrated Safety in Ricardo Allen to the group who is a ballhawk 
cover Safety who can also play Corner.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2021, 12:13 PM