Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger From My Wreck Is Opening Up?
Before we got back into the car to drive back to the cemetery from the gas station, my best friend and I argued over who got shotgun.

I eventually let him have it, so we go back to the cemetery, go joy riding, wreck, and he walks away without a bruise.

After the wreck, when I eventually got out of the hospital five months after, I find out that he's been into drugs with the driver to cope but he still came around sometimes to take me to get fast food and whatever,

We NEVER ONCE talked about he wreck.

He went to college at NKU and then moved out to California for a year or two and then came back but he has never tried to see me. I have showed up at a bar a time or two when I've found out he'll be there but I've seen him under ten times in the past 15 or 20 years.

He's staying at his parents' place while they're out of town and he has been at the bar behind my place the past few nights.

Two nights ago, I roll up when he's talking to some girl and he tells her how he was in the front seat when we wrecked, I was in the back, and how he walked away fine.

I had to roll away because I started bawling crying as soon as I turned away, but I just thought he was going for a sympathy bang, so I was ok with it.

Then, tonight, he shows up at the bar and we chat, laugh, and whatever. On his way out, he tells a girl friend off mine that he was in the car and then walks out, so it's not like he was looking for the sympathy bang.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Is he finally coping and finally able to talk about it or is he looking for sympathy bangs?

This was 20 years ago and I've been over it all for a long, long time, but do I check with him to make sure he's ok or what?

Anybody have any idea what's going on? What should I do?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Passenger From My Wreck Is Opening Up? - BFritz21 - 08-04-2021, 01:03 AM