Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia
(08-12-2021, 06:38 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Nice!  Looks like you had a hell of a good day on the water.  Not gonna lie, kinda jealous.   Cool  Glad you had a great time.  Those were cool pictures. 

Biggest fish I ever caught was a 13 or 14 lb Northern up on Lac Seul in Ontario.  That was my first trip to Canada to go fishing.  Best fishing I've ever had.  You could literally throw the circus out of the boat and expect a fish to bite every cast.  Beautiful, peaceful, and whole lotta fun.  

We really are spoiled up here, it's one massive benefit for the outdoorsman, living in Canada. Literally, unless you live is REALLY southwestern-Ontario (between Windsor and London), where you really only have Lake Erie (which is still great! lol), there isn't a single big/medium city in Canada, that isn't a short drive away from multiple lakes and rivers.

Hell, northern-Quebec and Labrador is literally, something like 90% uninhabited and is just pure lakes, rivers, wilderness, completely off the grid: if you had a float plane, you could literally fly to dozens of lakes that have never seen more than a handful of fisherman a year (if they've EVER seen a single fisherman), within an hour.

Nobody does of course, because it's costly and potentially dangerous, but it's possible.

I'm super-glad you had a wonderful time up here Big Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_Seul

Wow! That's far north! About a 20-hour drive north (or more) from me.

(08-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sailfish in Costa Rica, damn that's cool man. Cool

Oh I never check to see what people say when giving me rep, will have to now or at least more often. Sturgeon fight really hard, 
even if they aren't big around, they know how to use their fins in the current and fights last sometimes more than a couple hours 
with the big ones especially if you are on shore. If you have a boat and your driver knows how to maneuver you can catch one 
MUCH quicker. I brought my 7 footer in in about 15 minutes and my Uncle who was the guide and catches 100's of sturgeon a 
year said it was record time.

We have White Sturgeon more on the middle of the Snake away from the coast and Black Sturgeon on the Columbia River by the 
coast that I want to fish for someday. Too bad you cannot eat them down here, they are supposed to be fantastic eats! The best.

We were tempted when we caught some really small sturgeon about 18 inches that same day to take one home but nah.

Same with sharks, the fine isn't worth it if you get caught, never is.

I agree; fines are never worth the risk. Sturgeon indeed has some places where it's beloved, but you'd never be able to find it here. You CAN eat White Sturgeon in some spots, but I'm not sure. Caviar though, I go nuts for Big Grin

That's quite a feat! 15 minutes for that big? AND from shore? Just incredible, Nate! Big Grin

The sail, btw, is this guy:

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-12-2021, 07:50 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - samhain - 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM