Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia
(08-24-2021, 03:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gesu Cristo! (no pun intended) I was in San Fruttuoso 3 years ago, briefly... I could've maybe glanced at the genuine article! Sad

That seems very interesting indeed; the Keys look to be my next destination, but that still won't be for a few years Wink

Thanks for all of this! Big Grin

Key West is my favorite spot in the whole world. Time does not exist there. Lots of bars and restaurants. People gather to watch and applaud the sunset. Love watching the sunset from Ocean Keys Resort's pier bar at 0 Duvall St. If you can stay there, do so. Hemmingway's house is cool, but there is a lot more to do as well.  Go see Robert the Doll, who was the inspiration for the Chucky and Annabelle movies. Take his picture without asking.  Rent a golf cart to get around the sites. 
Our ritual when we go is we stay at Ocean Keys, get up and walk about a block to a restaurant on the left side of the street (can't remember the name) and have breakfast on the porch, with some Bailey's and coffee and Bloody Mary's (not for me, I can't stand vodka) The walk across the street to  the Hog's Breath Saloon for lunch, which for me is usually a ribeye sandwich and beer. Then work down to Captain Tony's bar (the original Sloppy Joes where Hemmingway wrote, Buffet got his start, and they hung pirates from the tree that grows up through the bar), on to the new Sloppy Joes, then down to Irish Kevin's for live music. Throw in some walking, shopping, sitting with cigars and libations, then work back to a restaurant for dinner, then back to the pier for sunset. No more relaxing vacation anywhere in the world. (If you drink and enjoy live music. If not, there's not much to do there)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - samhain - 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM