Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to Prove; Preseason Game 1
Some people hate preseason, think it's a waste, and wouldn't waste too much time watching it through the fourth quarter. I for one love them and hope they don't end them anytime soon.

I appreciate the opportunity to see some of the players who we (hopefully) won't see much through the season. Depth players who are on the roster to develop. Players fighting for a spot and in some cases breaking through. A couple players I plan to keep an eye on preseason game 1, players who should have something to prove....

Trayveon Wiliams - Led the sec in yards, looked quicker then Gio in brief appearances late last season. Ball security an issue. Roster spot may be in trouble if Pooka shines and they can't fit 7 receivers on the roster.

Mitchell Wilcox - Before they claimed Moss, I thought maybe Wilcox could sneak on as the 3rd TE if he showed something in preseason. The 2020 undrafted free agent class was hurt by not being able to shine in preseason last year. He and Scotty Washington are players to keep an eye on.

Kyle Shurmur - We know what we have in Allen. On a one year deal, is there a hidden gem behind him?

Keandre Jones/Joe Banchie - If we can't find room for a 10th Dlineman (we should be able to), then it's because one of these two lb's have shown promise. Good players with special team potential.

Any players deeeep down the depth charts anyone else interested in keeping a "scouting" eye on?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Something to Prove; Preseason Game 1 - jj22 - 08-12-2021, 08:26 PM