Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What team will make the second NL wildcard?
(09-23-2021, 04:18 PM)samhain Wrote: They never intended for Suarez to start until they were practically forced to put him there.  Krall specifically said that they cut payroll via releasing Bradley and tradng Iglesias for nothing in order to pursue a shortstop, then they didn't.  Lazy probably isn't the word I'd use, but it definitely wasn't the plan to get Suarez into the position. 

Doesn't matter now anyway, as Barerro is more than ready to take over, and if he isn't Farmer has proven himself to be capable (if he can replicate what he's doing now next year).  

I feel like we have a good chance of seeing Farmer at short net summer with Barerro going to center, where he's been taking reps lately.  I wouldn't totally despise it, but I hate to move a long term answer at short in favor of a veteran who's slightly above average and not likely to be here much longer.  That said, if Matt McClain is the real deal as he seems to be, they should have another young and talented SS prospect arriving in the next couple of years.

Below average overall. Farmer has a wRC+ of 91, and has +1 DRS with his glove. His career year this year has him as a good bench player.

To give you an idea, Freddy Galvis had a 88 wRC+ and 0 DRS with the Reds in 2020, so Farmer at his best is a very very slight improvement over 2020 Freddy Galvis.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What team will make the second NL wildcard? - TheLeonardLeap - 09-23-2021, 04:34 PM