Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the Bengals are a Playoff threat
(09-13-2021, 10:25 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This happens every year, I think. As fans, we perceive pre-season stars to be potential regular season stars but, in reality, pre-season stars are often fighting for existence on the roster rather than regular season playing time.

I remember the year we were on Hard Knocks in 2013, Jayson DiManche was one of the big stories and he played his way onto the roster and I thought "he's going to be a good linebacker for us this year. He looked great in the pre-season."

He basically only played special teams for us.

I like Hodge, but I would never expect that he gets significant playing time this year. Not unless a bunch of injuries occur.

I know they can only dress so many guys on gameday, but he was our most lethal edge rusher in preseason (with some time in the first quarter against the fins, but I guess they weren't starters).  

They still need a speed edge guy, but the rotation at DT yesterday was outstanding.  All guys made big contributions.  Ogunjobi, Reader, Tupuo, Hill....that rotation was outstanding.  Maybe we could dress Hodge over one of the WRs?  Bengals went 12 personnel more than I think anyone thought and if Hodge can contribute on special teams (I believe he did that as well in preseason), I sure like the idea of him rotating in off the edge to improve the pass rush more than a 6th WR (even though Morgan made a huge play to down that punt).  

Pass rush can effect every snap on defense...and there are way more of them than the special teams snaps.  Maybe sit Mike Thomas?  Would rather see more of Tate anyways.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Bengals are a Playoff threat - SHRacerX - 09-13-2021, 01:43 PM