Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big picture on BUrrow throwing picks.
(09-21-2021, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I am not going to blame all of Joe's bad plays or interceptions on play calling or coaching.  If you watch the games you see that he makes some bad throws sometimes.

I am a huge fan of Burrow.  I am very happy to have him as our QB of the future, but I have taken a lot of heat for pointing out that he held onto the ball too long last year and only finished 24th in passer rating.

But whenever I said anything negative about his play last year I was also very quick to compliment him on the one thing he did VERY WELL for a rookie QB playing behind a bad O-line.  Last year he had the third lowest interception percentage (1.2%) in the league behind only Rodgers and Mahommes.  I have seen lots of rookie QBs put up big TD and yardage numbers but almost ALL of them struggle with throwing interceptions their first year in the league.

So I am not going to panic about Burrow making a few bad throws in the first two games.  I am not going to deflect the blame away from Joe, but I am also not going to overreact and believe he will become a turnover machine.

No matter what the coaches do it is still possible for players to make mistakes and have a bad games.  So it is important to look at the big picture instead of obsessing over one bad performance.

So, wait, we can't call Burrow a bust then? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big picture on BUrrow throwing picks. - PhilHos - 09-21-2021, 11:29 AM