Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do the Bengals Finally Have Their Defensive Coordinator?
I am certain I was not the only one, but I questioned the hire of Sweet Lou Anarumo since it was reported he was ZT's 5th or lower choice. I also questioned Anarumo's treatment of Bengals aging stars on defense like Dunlap, Atkins, and others. But it turns out thus far, maybe he needed "his" type of players for his schemes to be effective.

After 3 games, the Bengals defense has performed significantly better compared to performances the last two years. I believe the lost of Ossai has hurt and the Bengals defense would perform even better. Here are some indicators:

ESPN: Bengals defense is rated in top 8 in total yards. Bengals ranked 12th in creating turnovers.

Pro Football Reference: Bengals Defense is 7th in points allowed.

PFF: 10. CINCINNATI BENGALS

"The Bengals rounding out the top 10 is quite the surprise, given how bad they were last year and the fact that Trae Waynes and Mackensie Alexander, the two free agents they brought in to help out the secondary, have battled injuries. Safety Jessie Bates III has without question been the best player at the position to start out the year, as he has earned a 90.2 coverage grade, nearly 14 grading points higher than the next best safety. He has broken up a whopping seven passes, leading the position by three."

Taylor has not displayed enough on offense to dispel questions regarding his play calling on offense. But the Bengals may have found their Defensive Coordinator if the team continues to play well throughout the year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do the Bengals Finally Have Their Defensive Coordinator? - psychdoctor - 09-27-2021, 07:33 PM