Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think NFL officials are bad? So does Joey Bosa
So, we've had our fair share of complaints about missed calls, bad calls, bad missed calls, etc. Well, afte rlast night's game, Joey Bosa had A LOT to say about officiating in the NFL (keep in mind, his team WON).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-joey-bosa-rips-nfl-officiating-after-win-over-raiders-theyre-blind-and-its-pathetic/

Quote:"I didn't even know they called the f---ing penalty on me because I was fuming," Bosa said of the sequence after the game, via ESPN. "But, I mean, refs are blind, simple. I'm sorry, but you're blind, like open your eyes and do your job. It's so bad it's unbelievable."

Quote:He'd then go on to explain his anger isn't simply from that situation, or that game, or this week, or this year, or even exclusive to his team. Bosa views it as a plague of bad calls and non-calls that is becoming deeply rooted in the fabric of the NFL.

Quote:The inaccuracy of calls has led to enough ire for many to demand the invocation of a SkyJudge with the power to make sure every call is correct upon review -- something made famous by the now-defunct XFL -- but the NFL has opted to not go that route.

Personally, I think for the most part, the refs have done a decent job THIS YEAR, but there have still been some missed calls or bad calls in our games THIS YEAR. And I know there have been a lot of suggestions on how to approve officiating. Clearly, the league is open to SOME ideas (remember how pass interference was able to be reviewed via coach's challenge?) but not others.

So, the question is - and I'm assuming most will agree somewhat with Bosa that the officiating in the NFL is not good enough - what can be done to get officiating to be the best it can be? Does having a SkyJudge help (didn't watch the new XFL so I can't comment on it)? Review of more penalties? Technological advances that the average fan doesn't know about?

Or is Bosa completely wrong and what we got is the best we can ever get?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Think NFL officials are bad? So does Joey Bosa - PhilHos - 10-05-2021, 01:02 PM