Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
You guys are overestimating the Mixon injury
(10-09-2021, 02:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is that if you don't think it is "Mixon or bust" then you have to find a RB as good as Mixon.

In the five years from '16-'20 there were 39 RBs drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds.  Only ONE of those 39 has had a 1100 yard season like Mixon has (twice).  Even when you look at 2nd round picks only 3 of 13 have rushed for more yards than Mixon.

All this talk about how easy it is to find good RBs is not backed up by facts.  If you never sign a RB to a second contract then you are either burning a very high pick every 4 years or else gambling on the long odds of finding a good one after the first round.

Pointing out 6 or 7 decent RBs that were not taken in the first round is meaningless unless you look at the percentages.  Six or seven out of a hundred is not really that impressive.

You don't have to find a RB exactly as good as Mixon necessarily.

Look at it this way:
Would you rather pay $12 mill a year for a RB who gets you 1500 total yards or a RB who gets you 1000-1200 yards for half that (or less)?

Also, most of the RBs I mentioned were taken in Rds 2-4. That seems to be where the glut of the good RB talent comes from.
If I had confidence I could get a guy in Rd 3 or Rd 4 who could get 1000-1200 yards for a fraction of Mixon's cost, I'd consider it, especially if it meant getting an upgrade in FA elsewhere (like OL).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You guys are overestimating the Mixon injury - ochocincos - 10-10-2021, 10:29 PM