Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Head Coaches with victories of 23 or more
(10-26-2021, 10:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wyche had the same amount as Marv in half the seasons. LOL

That was kind of initially why I started looking at the scores. I don't really remember the Bengals blowing teams out very much in the ML era and since ZT just did it twice in a row on the road, I wanted to see how many Sam had along with them, so I compiled all three. Then I realized, afterwards, that I was over halfway done with the entire team so I did all of the easy pathetic seasons next then finished up with Paul Brown just to end on a high note after reliving the awful years. After going 0-8 in 1994(the beginning of the Jeff Blake era) the Bengals won three games, all by a field goal. Yeesh.

ML ALWAYS gave me the vibe of 'playing to the level of your opponents'. I wanted to see how many times they all had back to back blowouts and to ML's credit, he's the only other coach to do it . . . unfortunately, those back to back games were the last two games before Dalton broke his thumb.

Also note that all of PB's 8 seasons were 14 games and he took over an expansion team before Free Agency existed. 

Another PB nugget: The 1968 NFL Draft.
After the first round, The Bengals received the first and last pick of rounds 2 through 17. Through a series of trades of players they acquired in the expansion draft, the Bengal had NINE 6th round picks between #139 and #165, including Howard Fest, #139 and Essex Johnson, #156. Note that 2021 4th rounder D'Ante Smith was pick #139
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/draft.htm
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Head Coaches with victories of 23 or more - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 10-27-2021, 01:26 AM