Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Things Couldn't Be Going Much Better
Hey, fellas.  I haven't been on here much of late (got a new job and usually don't post much in season) but I just wanted to pop in and give some serious props to the team.  I was thinking about this other day but I don't think things could be going much better, not only from a team perspective but down to a lot of individual players.

If you had told me Joe Burrow would look this good coming off the injury I would have said this is about as good as you could reasonably expect in year. 2  I don't think he could be playing much better.  Not only is he healthy and had shown to not have any mental issues from the injury, he's shown significant improvement.  His completion percentage is up, his YPA has gone way up, and his deep ball has greatly improved.

If you told me Chase was going to be doing this well... this is obviously a best case scenario.  He's an absolute stud and has already cemented himself as a mighty fine pick only two months in.

Lou Anarumo's defense?  I don't think it could much better than what we're seeing vs. what many predicted.

Hendrickson, Reader, Bell, Wilson, ect.  All of these guys are living up to the contracts or draft position.

CJ Uzomah?  Are you kidding me?  This is more than just a career year.  He's been a top 1/3 of the league Tight End.

Joe Mixon is on pace for a career high in yards and TD's.  Not only that, but he has his best YPC in the last 3 years.  He's been solid.

The offensive line, all things considered I don't think you could ask for much more.  This is about best case scenario for this group.  Jonah has stayed healthy (fingers crossed), Carmen has looked pretty decent, Reif has been solid, and all in all they're a lot better than we've seen these last few years.

Even Zac Taylor, who I'm still not 100% sold on and I still shake my head at his play calling at times, deserves a lot of praise.  He's got the 12th ranked offense, which is a HUGE improvement and has his team at 5-2.  It's hard to argue against that.

Anyways, I don't want to bore anyone too much here; I just wanted to give the team (players and coaches) some credit.  It's been a really fun start to the season.  It finally feels like a new era.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Things Couldn't Be Going Much Better - Wes Mantooth - 10-28-2021, 07:49 PM