Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to think the NFL is rigged
(11-01-2021, 09:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you want to say the refs are biased, either against the Bengals or for the home team, I could get behind that to some degree. I think refs have too much power over the outcome of a game and I think penalties should be reviewable by an outside, unbiased team of officials if the situation is considered crucial to the outcome of the game. I also think penalties in general should be challenge-able.

But thinking the Bengals defense would give the game away intentionally? Come on now. These players are playing for their salaries that they aren't guaranteed more than the next snap, with their career potentially ending at any given time. They aren't blowing their payday so that some nebulous force can keep the Bengals out of the #1 spot in the AFC...

Ehh..anything that's scripted in the entertainment realm can be subject to cried of rigging, but think of it this way..The NFL itself argued in court and won that they can script games and it is nothing more than entertainment. With potentially billions of dollars riding on any given game it's not much of a stretch to think players are paid to follow orders the same way actors are paid to follow scripts.
I'm unsure to what extent I believe it in every game, but i damned sure do believe it when it comes to playoffs and superbowls..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting to think the NFL is rigged - grampahol - 11-01-2021, 09:49 AM