Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
STUPID Play Call On Opening INT Lost Us The Game.......
(11-07-2021, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Throwing an out inside the 10 was the stupidest play that could have been called.

It was a bad throw by Burrow, but only bad things can happen when you throw the ball to the sideline that close to the end zone.

The DBs don't have to respect getting beat deep so they just wait to pounce.

That's a 14 point swing and then set the tone for the rest of the game.

Stupid coaching cost us again.

I get the frustration, Brad.  This team was soaring after beating the Rats to become 5-2.  It was "fools gold'.  They showed what they CAN be against a team like Baltimore, but they aren't there yet.  

Burrow will learn from things like that, as will Chase.  I guess the route was designed to go outside, but Ward was really setting him up outside.  The inside slant was there.  Regardless, I remember in Palmer's first year (and some of his second) that he would make these amazing throws and  then throw a pick six and you are like "what was he thinking?", but the DB play at the NFL level is so much better than an easy TD in college can be a pick six here.  

I don't want to take away Burrow's aggressiveness at all.  He is learning every game.  This game, he learned how to get hit after every damn pass.  That needs to stop.  Time to go max protect and have fewer targets in a route.  He simply can't hold up to beatings like that.  Sure, some of it was the deficit forcing them to become one dimensional, but the coaches need to do a better job keeping more guys in to block.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: STUPID Play Call On Opening INT Lost Us The Game....... - SHRacerX - 11-08-2021, 10:00 AM