Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Three Straight Road Games: An Observation
I don't want this to sound like I am making an excuse for the recent defensive lapse. There is much more to it, but I thought this was interesting:

Only one other team in the NFL had three consecutive road games: The Indianapolis Colts. Starting at week 3, the Colts traveled to Tennessee, Miami, and then Baltimore. They lost the third road game to Baltimore in a close battle where the Ratbirds overcame a 13 point deficit to force OT, where they ultimately won the game.

That sounds a lot like the Jets game, right? Bengals had an 11 point lead in the 4th quarter?

I noticed some teams, like the Chargers, did not even have ONE BACK-TO-BACK game on their schedule thus far. They do later in the year, ironically where they come to Cincy after a road game in Denver.

The Rams had a recent period where they had road games in three of the last four weeks, and then looked weak in a loss to a Tennessee team that had lost Derrick Henry.

The Bengals only have three road games in the remaining 8 weeks of the season. And they are spread out:

@ Raiders
Home against piss
Home against Chargers
Home against 49ers
@ Denver
Home against Baltiwhore
Home against Kansas City
@ Cleveland

This Raider game is a big one to get this young team back to having that energy we saw in the first 7 weeks of the season.

I still believe in the team that woodshedded the Ratbirds, in Ballsnomore.

They have been in EVERY game but the Cleveland game. These games at the Jungle (squeelers, Chargers, 49ers, Ratbirds, Chiefs) are going to be FUN and EXCITING games. The jungle will be rocking. They can do this. 10 wins and I think they can get in. That means going 5-3 the rest of the way. No more three game road stretches. Not even one consecutive road game stretch.

Get healthy, get ready. Who Dey, bitches. This thing is far from over. Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Three Straight Road Games: An Observation - SHRacerX - 11-11-2021, 08:51 AM