Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys
The Detroit game has been awful for years. This year of Chicago at Detroit will be a real lousy game. But the NFL rolls out this awful at Detroit game as if it is still the 1950's.

Then Dallas became AMERICA'S TEAM in the 1980's and so we get at Dallas every year. This year the Raiders and that's not much of a game.

Then at night they have Buffalo at New Orleans, and so The South gets Home Cookin' on Thanksgiving in both Dallas and New Orleans.

I refuse to watch any of these awful match-ups. What a waste of a Thanksgiving Day.

The NFL should have long ago put the at Detroit game out of it's misery. It has for decades been one of the worst games of the season treated like it should have the best National TV slot of any game all season. Some families who know nothing of football will turn on Detroit Lions as they do every Thanksgiving, and this is The Lions Super Bowl, because they sure haven't been close to going to one.

Luckily, there use to be video stores that I would rent the summer movie hits, and the wife and kids could watch those instead of the NFLs often awful Thanksgiving servings.

They announced on NFL Sunday that there are plenty of Detroit tickets unsold, too many. The NFL is pushing trying to unload tickets to this sorry game. And yet it will get treated like The Thanksgiving Super Bowl. The NFL should stick a fork in the Detroit Thanksgiving Game, it is done. It is always one of the worst teams in the NFL as some kind of a Holiday Tradition tribute to Detroit, who had a good team in the 1950's, but that was a LONG time ago.

I'll add the NFC is hosting all the games, as it just about always does on Thanksgiving. As an old AFL Fan and an AFC Fan, Thanksgiving is just hype of the old NFL before 1970 merger. Every Thanksgiving we get Detroit and Dallas shoved down our throats with our turkey. I miss the old AFL on NBC where they would show some good AFL Games, now known as The AFC. The AFC always takes a back seat on Thanksgiving, but why can't an AFC city get a Thanksgiving Day Game ? Why is it always Detroit and Dallas, a tradition that blows the stuffing out the turkeys rear end.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys - kevin - 11-23-2021, 03:47 AM