Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Last comments on Raider victory
(11-28-2021, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When Finley took his first snap we were losing to a 2-7 Washington team.  The week before we had lost by 26 points in a game where we only managed 185 yards of offense.  At that time there was absolutely zero evidence that Taylor had any clue about anything.  Anyone saying anything positive was absolutely delusional.

There was no "game plan"  The Steelers turned the ball over 3 times early in the game on there end of the field.  Our first 3 scoring drives covered a COMBINED 60 yards.  We only had 230 yards of offense for the entire game.

Actually the people that support Taylor the most seem to be the ones who were so happy to get him in the first place for no reason other than "he isn't Marvin".  Anyone who dared to criticize Taylor's lack of qualifications at the time was accused of "defending Marvin".

Look, no one trashed the Bengals more for signing Adam Jones than me.  He was the biggest knucklehead in league history.  But when he turned out to be one of our bets players I defended him.  I will gladly support Taylor if he wins.  I really want him to win.  But I just am not convinced yet.  I don't care if some of the players like him.  I want a coach that can win instead of just pander to players.

1.) They had 185 yards passing and 139 yards rushing for a total yardage of 324, against the #1 defense in the league.  

2.) They were up 9-7 at the half and Burrow had 200 yards passing against the best front four in the league.  

Wasting time talking about Marvin is just that, a waste of time.  He hasn't been the coach here for two-and-a-half years.  I was excited to have someone who had more creativity on offense, and that was supposed to be his big asset.  His "route designs" were very well respected.  

It turns out (IMHO) that Taylor's biggest asset is his ability to build a team and a culture.  They are "ahead of schedule" based on Burrow's youth and injury.  I am very optimistic about the future.  

Those observations, given the fact that his supposedly best weapon on offense had completely disappeared and the team was buried in injuries, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last comments on Raider victory - N_B - 11-28-2021, 02:31 AM
RE: Last comments on Raider victory - SHRacerX - 11-28-2021, 12:31 PM