Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Need Some Advice
Some of those cars driving around slowly might be porch pirates. I imagine this time of year is their peak season.

As to your concerns. You've already talked to the police and it sounds like that's the best you can do in that regard. You are also armed for home protection so that's good as well. Hopefully you are comfortable with firearms and how to use them. The last time you want to learn to use a firearm is when you need it for self defense.

Other than that, and something people should practice anyway, is sharpen up on your situational awareness. Make a habit of always being aware of your surroundings looking for anything that's off and making mental notes of possible escape routes, things you might defend yourself with if it comes to that and any other aspects that may be beneficial in an emergency situation. Remember if something seems like it isn't right there is a good chance something is up.

Before you leave the house have a good look out all of your windows to check the area for anything out of the ordinary. Take advantage of your Ring doorbell and check it before you open the garage door and close the garage door as soon as you back out. Talk to all your neighbors and tell them what's up and ask them to keep an eye out and contact you if they see something that doesn't look right. Ask them to try and collect descriptions and license plate numbers of any suspicious people.

If you think you are being followed while driving make a series of turns in the same direction, example all right turns until you drive around the block. If the same vehicle is still behind you after a complete lap then there is a good chance they are following you. In that case drive directly to the closest police station or fire station. It would be a good idea to know the route by memory but if not use your phone or car GPS, preferably voice activated. You can also call the police while you are driving and tell them someone is following you but make sure you can give them the street names of your location and then follow their directions.

Since you have the Ring doorbell, I don't now if you also have their alarm system? I have both and the alarm system is affordable with a very inexpensive monitoring service. Or you can use it without monitoring. In that case it's just is really loud alarm but without monitoring no emergency services will be dispatched. I've been very pleased with mine. It's easy to set up with no wiring. So that might be something to look into.

tl;dr It sounds like you have done what you can on your end. So just be extra aware of your surroundings and have well rehearsed mental plan of what you will do should something go wrong. Make sure your family is up to speed on emergency plan as well. Like what to do and where to go should someone force their way into your house.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Need Some Advice - WeezyBengal - 12-17-2021, 10:52 AM
RE: Need Some Advice - HarleyDog - 12-17-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Need Some Advice - WeezyBengal - 12-17-2021, 11:09 AM
RE: Need Some Advice - fredtoast - 12-17-2021, 11:56 AM
RE: Need Some Advice - WeezyBengal - 12-17-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: Need Some Advice - HarleyDog - 12-17-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Need Some Advice - Synric - 12-17-2021, 12:28 PM
RE: Need Some Advice - Bengalzona - 12-17-2021, 01:59 PM