Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football
(01-19-2022, 08:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People are trying all they can to make it seem like Mike Brown just bought Taylor a winning team. They had to bring in a lot of free agents, because they were ditching the remaining Marvin guys with just a couple of exceptions. Doing smart things like getting two outstanding ccorners for the price of one meh one. During previous years, the same amount of money basically was spent, it was just spent resigning our guys we drafted. As we move forward, and we re-sign guys that are already here, it will again look like we aren't spending on outside free agents. There's always a minimum amount an owner has to spend, by league rules, and since we have the most cap space, we're not spending the most.

Right. The guys they were spending big money on when Zac got here were old or getting there. If they wanted a quick turnaround, they had NO CHOICE but buying some talent. The difference here, is the type of player they are targeting in FA and the draft. It's night and day. It shows up on the penalty ledger, and discipline within the schemes. For some reason, no one wants to give this guy any credit. I know why, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I was wrong about how quickly they'd turn things around and how much improvement Zac and the staff would make. I wasn't ready to fire them all, but I wasn't exactly pounding the table to keep them either. I just admit I was wrong and move on.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-19-2022, 01:51 PM