Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional job position available-Complete Mechanical Services (Blue Ash)
(12-22-2021, 03:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember to keep those blade guards in place, don't want you losing any fingers..  Cool

Blade guards indeed. Do the words 'slightly less than useless" ring any bells? I won't operate one without a riving knife installed, but do own a Sawstop so I ain't worried about my piddy pats anymore.. The work I generally do doesn't play well with blade guards anyway and they really do slow down the work being done. 
That said, I would never tell anyone else to not use them as i have years experience with table saws. Anyone not quite up to snuff? Use the guards at least until you get bitten a few times by a spinning blade and learn to keep your fingers out of the path of a spinning blade..  it's one of those things you don't generally have to relearn multiple times..  Cool
Most of you have probably seen the Sawstop videos of how they work, but until you actually trip the Sawstop braking system unintentionally you just can't really appreciate just how fast it happens..I tripped mine the first month with a tape measure..The tape had a very slight dent on the tape blade.. I thought I'd broken the saw somehow. It occurs so fast your brain can't register it till a few seconds later. It just disappears in front of your eyes with a loud POP! Like magic..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professional job position available-Complete Mechanical Services (Blue Ash) - grampahol - 12-23-2021, 12:45 AM