Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should change the strategy covering tight ends going forward..
(12-24-2021, 06:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Eifert seemed more like a big receiver and not the big powerful tight end that takes two guys to bring down and can push defenders around or be the big physical presence in the middle of the field or the red zone.

I admit he was too injury prone to get anything out of or we could have gotten a lot more out of him, but I just never thought he was the type of tight end to fit our division.

True he wasn't a Gronk, Kittle, Kelce type. But he was a really talented pass catching TE. One of the best route running TE's
I have every witnessed. Good point about the Division, Uzo fits more here with his physicality. Might be one of the reasons he
got injured so much is Eifert was more frail than most TE's, like you said, a big WR.

(12-24-2021, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To add to to the last point, with the way we have been using CJ, I think we are finally ready to welcome that type of TE into our offense.

It would be great if we can get one in an upcoming draft or if someone big gets released in FA.

Most definitely agree, this Offense is more TE friendly simply cause of Burrow who just throws to the open man.

I know Taylor comes from the McVay Offense that doesn't use the TE quite as much but we can add this much needed
weapon and truly become even more diverse and unpredictable as long as the OL is taken care of. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals should change the strategy covering tight ends going forward.. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-24-2021, 07:39 PM